Sunday, June 2, 2013

Goodbye Strange Adventures...


Strange Adventures, a well known comic and hobby store, primarily known for it's Sackville Street location, has closed it's doors for good. The 'old cave' is know located on Barrington Street.




The last time I was there was on Free Comic Book Day in early May. It was cramped so full of people it was hard to move. I left disappointed that this was my last memory of such a grand place.

Then I thought to myself, am I really going to judge the time I've spent here based on the final time? I've gone to Strange Adventures quite a few times over the years. The first time was on my twentieth birthday, and since then I've gone to Strange Adventures with friends, classmates, even on dates. Not to mention every time I've gone I've always found something cool to add to my various collections.

I look forward to visiting the new store, and I'll always cherish the memories of that awesome 'old cave' where us nerdy types used to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment